Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Restaurant Review: The Village Grill-Chester, VA



Sorry I haven't been on in a while but we haven't been able to get out and about to the antique shops due to some car vandalism.  However, on my work travels I happened upon a little grill in Chester, VA called The Village Grill.  I would have missed it since it's not on the main road (Rt. 10).  I turned into the parking lot at the fork where there is a Dunkin Donuts to grab lunch while I waited to have a meeting and spied the grill across the street.  My curiosity got the best of me and I pulled in to give it a try.

I am always up to try a small grill, they usually have the best food and if motorcycles are out front that's always a good sign.  Bikers know the best places to eat.  I walked in and noticed the decor which was little round tables with checkerboard table covers and iron heart back chairs.  The walls decorated with a hodge podge of memorabilia, some inspirational and some just plain comical.  They also have a TV.

I ordered a double cheeseburger with chili and slaw.  Just the basics and my favorite.  If that passed the taste test I'd be back with reinforcements.  The owner brought my burger and it was big and messy just like I like it.  I bit into it and an uncontrollable moan of pleasure escaped my mouth.  It brought back memories of 2nd Street Lunch in my home town in North Carolina.  Actually it was better!  You have no idea how difficult it is to get a burger made that way.  I'm won over!

They have a wide selection of grill items, sides and ice cream treats including milkshakes and banana splits.  They also have breakfast but they only serve until 10:30 a.m.

This building looks like an ice cream parlor converted to a grill.  There is not much seating and the chairs are a bit uncomfortable.  Wait to use the restroom as it's outside in the back of the building.  You don't come here for the ambiance, you come here for the food and conversation. The owners are pretty darn nice, too. Dress casual.

I am looking forward to bringing hubby or my employees out to try it one day soon.

Look for them on facebook.

Recommended by Small Town Travelers for value and great eats.

Enjoy!
Izze & Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment